|| Authors || Titles
DawnC ~ Stories found at the Blair
"Angst" Fiction Page (at Brothers
Date First Story Posted: June 1998
Author Profile ~ I'm a scientist turned lawyer with a weakness for
one blue-eyed anthropologist. When I'm not writing or reading fan fiction
or going to class, I do work with American Pit Bull Terriers. I have one
of my own, and the two of us work to educate the public about 'Pit Bulls'
and fight breed-specific legislation.
DawnC's CL May
1999 Featured Author Interview and June
2009 Featured Author Interview.
Bottom of the page for newest stories:
- Age of Conspiracy -- An X-Files
crossover. Blair and an ancient artifact are nabbed by Cancer Man, and
Jim, Mulder, and Scully search to find him and get to the bottom of Cancer
man's agenda. However, Cancer man seems more interested in Blair's sentinel
work than in the mysterious artifact.
- False Pretenses -- A Pretender
crossover. Another 'Lash' story. A LASH copycat killer is on the loose
in Cascade. The pretender angle? Jim, Blair, and Jarod discover that Lash
was a pretender, as is the new killer, and now the killer's out to finish
the job Lash left undone (yep, Blair is once again the target of a psycho)
- Random Acts of Tragedy -- Blair
is involved in a car accident that results in the death of a family.
- Inferno -- After shooting someone
in self-defense, Blair finds himself the target of an insane man bent on
- A Touch of Sanity -- Blair is hospitalized
with somewhat minor injuries, but soon ends up in the psych ward.
- Inside and Out -- Blair is framed
for several major crimes, and Jim must struggle to clear his partner's
- Arachnid -- This is an added scene
for Smart Alec. It's a short piece posted in response to the challenge
issued by the elves of Guide Posts.
- The Constitution Series -- These
are Sentinel Stories that incorporate real legal-ethical issues. Don't
let the title fool you -- these stories do not always deal with constitutional
issues, though constitutional issues do make up a large part of this series.
- The Rule of Law -- A somewhat unoriginal
"Blair gets arrested" bit that's based on two actual (absurd)
- Truth and Technicality -- Based
on an actual Supreme Court Case. When a 'technicality' known as the Fourth
Amendment threatens to free a dangerous criminal, Blair becomes a casualty
in the war between Truth and Justice.
- We the People... Except -- Blair
becomes a victim of an extremely intrusive search.
- Zones of Privacy -- Blair is arrested
for a crime he often commits. (Sex is implied and talked about, but no
- Too Close -- A missing scene from
Love and Guns written in response to the missing scenes challenge
at Guide Posts.
- Primality -- This story, which
started out having a plot, is about the aftermath of a violent crime against
Blair. Blair's memory of his ordeal is sketchy, and Jim and Simon help
Sandburg reconstruct his memories and discover the truth about his ordeal.
- The Dentist's Chair -- This is
an epilogue scene to Cypher.
- Trauma -- This is a which-way adventure
started by Dawn and completed by several participating authors.
- Leaving -- A Sentinel Too, Part
1 missing scene (not an epilogue).
- Cheating Death -- A weird piece.
An attempt at humor. Some vile language, but no real violence.
- On the Edge of Forever -- A crossover
with Star Trek: TOS!
- Whispers in the Night -- What could
possibly possess Jim to turn against Blair?
- 'Til Death -- Blair is kidnapped
and presumed dead.
- Dark Zone -- A zone-out gone bad,
with a new twist: Blair gets hurt!
- The Heart of a Warrior -- If I
say "Blair finds another Blessed Protector" I'll be lynched!
~grin~. I'll just say it's a "Doggie-Sue" story :-) Blair Angst
and Owies in this one.
- Echoes of a Gunshot -- In response
to a challenge: The reason for Blair's aversion to guns comes back to haunt
him. What are the reasons and what has happened that bothers him so?
- A Glimpse of Agony -- A short piece
of angst: Blair's world crumbles in one agonizing moment.
- Blind Man's Bluff -- The complete
episode about the drug Golden. It's written word-for-word, in standard
prose format, with a missing scene added. Pictures included to supplement
- Fear-Based Responses -- A Sentinel
Too, Part 1 epilogue. Heavy smarm and angst, minor owies.
- A Momentary Lapse of Season --
The Auction Story won by Dana -- an "angst-filled Christmas story"
that has Jim's senses and sanity out-of-whack.
- By the Gods, A Lone Wolf Cries
-- A Xena/Hercules crossover with lots of smarm and angst.
- In the Arms of Angels -- A tear-jerker.
Blair may have found his father, a brilliant researcher at Stanford. How
will Naomi react? Jim? LOTS and LOTS of smarm and angst. Heavy emotional
- Causa Mortis -- A Sentinel Too,
Part 2 scene.
- Badge of Dishonor -- Spoilers for
the season four finale! The way I'd like it to be based on the spoilers.
- Fatigue -- It's finals time, and
Blair burns out.
- Cherry Bombs -- Co-authored with
Hephaistos. An accidentally inebriated
Blair gets involved in one of Simon's cases.
- Mug Shot of an Anthropologist --
A short missing scene from The Girl Next Door, when Blair gets arrested.
A touch of angst. A touch of humor.
- Black Cat -- On Halloween, Blair
encounters a mysterious black cat.
- Avenging Angel -- A sequel to Mirror
Image. Chapel's back, and he's out for revenge!
- Rough Housing -- A short, smarm-laden
piece: Jim, Blair, Simon, and Daryl are playing a game of water polo that
turns sour. Rated PG.
- When the Mirror Looks Back -- Incacha's
shamanistic legacy haunts Blair, forcing the young man to leave Jim's side
to find his own Way. The events in this story follow the fourth season
finale. Rated PG-13.
- LashBack -- A Cypher missing
- Sleepy Blair -- A very short snippet.
- Sweet Misery -- A short missing
scene for Sweet Science.
- Simon Says -- This is a challenge
TAE put to all of us at the Napa Sentinel Party.
- In the Fell Clutch of Circumstance
-- An alternate ending for The Sentinel by Blair Sandburg
season finale. Major spoilers.
- Soul of Mine -- A true 'science'
fiction story that tugs hard on the heart strings. (Note: This is a tear-jerker.
No real violence. Just a lot of h/c and 'real science' principles.) Rated
PG-13 for strong emotional content.
- The Other Side of Reality -- This
is a stand-alone sequel to When the Mirror Looks Back. Jim and Blair
must face some hard challenges as Blair struggles on the path of shamanism.
- Mortal Combat -- Jim and Blair
and a stakeout gone wrong. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Visions Before Dawn -- Blair has
a disturbing dream.
- Experimental Ramblings -- Stream
of consciousness writing featuring Blair angst.
- The Intrepid Anthropologist --
Just a humorous bit: Blair torments Jim.
- Hallowed Halls (FPP-502)
-- Co-authored with Kim Heggen. Blair has
a mishap that badly shakes his confidence during Academy training. Meanwhile,
a student at Rainier commits suicide, both because of an apparent depression
caused by Blair's 'deceit,' and because of a re-emergence of the drug Golden.
- Knocked Senseless -- Blair is not
himself and Jim ends up getting hurt -- knocked senseless.
- Forgotten -- Jim forgets to pick
up Blair -- and the consequences are almost deadly.
- Out of Mind -- Simon is not in
his right mind, and Blair pays the price.
- Quiet Desperation -- Blind Man's
Bluff missing scene. In an unguarded moment at night, Jim's fears rise
to the surface.
- M.O. -- A 'real case' story. Blair
and a psycho.
- The Hazy Blue Line (FPP-523)
-- Blair is the victim of a malicious hazing at the academy.
- Redemption -- Alex Barnes' psychiatrist
realizes she's a sentinel, forcing Jim and Blair back into the media spotlight.
Spoilers for The Sentinel by Blair Sandburg and Sentinel Too.
- Bite Me (by Fitz Steelshot) --
Blair falls victim to a police K-9 unit.
- Strangers in the Night -- Originally
posted to the SentinelAngst List. Lots of angst, some bad language.
- The Edge -- Originally posted to
the SentinelAngst List. A little h/c, a little angst.
- Light and Fluffy -- A fun piece.
Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- The Enclave -- A stolen movie scene,
originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- The Deep -- An explosion at sea
puts Jim and Blair in danger. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Blackout -- Blair wakes up in a
hotel room with no memory of how he got there. Originally posted to the
- Siege Missing Scene -- A
missing scene from Siege. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst
- Despair -- Jim is presumed dead.
Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Hangman -- Blair. Psycho. Jim to
the rescue ~grin~. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Life's Blood -- A man targets Jim
for revenge but hits Blair instead. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst
- Friends -- A Cypher/Blind Man's
Bluff thingie. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Cleaning Up the Mess -- A Mirror
Image missing scene. Originally posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- Biochemistry -- A bit of biochemistry
wreaks havoc with Jim's sense of... well... You'll just have to read it
and find out ~grin~. Previously posted to the SentinelAngst List.
- The Camera -- Blair gets an unexpected
reminder of that night in the garage. Spoilers for Blind Man's Bluff
and The Girl Next Door.
- Loss -- A missing scene for Smart
- Side Effects -- The title says
it all. Spoilers for Blind Man's Bluff.
- Oz -- Blair runs into trouble while
driving in a bad part of town. Spoilers for Blind Man's Bluff. Originally
posted to the SentinelAngst List as a March Themefic.
- Law of Friendship -- Blair commits
a crime -- and gets caught.
Storm (off-site link) -- A GiftFic for Julie, a SentinelAngst
- For the Good of One -- A story
of tribulation, sacrifice, and friendship.
- Survival Epilogue -- Blair
and the chopper.
- Regrets -- A story that deals with
the emotional ramifications of Blair's confession as a fraud. Spoilers
for The Sentinel by Blair Sandburg. Posted several months ago to
the SentinelAngst List.
- Crossroads Epilogue -- Like
the title says...
- Ten Days of Peru -- A missing scene
- Epilogue to The Girl Next Door
-- How was Blair really feeling at the end of the episode?
- The Bludgeonings of Chance (N5-1)
-- Blair does not join the force, but what will become of him? And what
will Jim do to protect him?
- Silent Observer -- A Cypher
- An Eye for an Eye -- A Vow of
- Second Impact -- Missing scene
for Out of the Past.
- Flash Bang -- Jim and Blair run
into minor trouble at the hands of their fellow officers. H/C. Originally
posted to the SentinelAngst list.
- And the Password Is...? (N5-6)
-- Co-authored with Hephaistos. Jim and
Blair protect a witness, and the mayor decides to make some changes with
- Decoy -- Blair gets caught up in
a bank robbery. Based on an actual "fact pattern."
- One Cold Night -- The title says
- The Brackett Racket -- Brackett's
back with a little torment for our guys.
- Times Change -- A Sentinel-Starsky
and Hutch crossover that is probably not what you think.
- Venom -- The name sort of gives
it away. H/C.
- Special Delivery (N5-13)
-- Co-authored with Alberte and Ismaro.
Season finale! Blair's graduation approaches, but a set-up may jeopardize
- The Cellar -- Blair finds himself
in a dark, cold place. Previously posted to SentinelAngst.
- Missing Scene for The Rig --
Previously posted to SentinelAngst.
- Ice Cold -- Missing Scene for Iceman.
Previously posted to SentinelAngst.
- A Hard Day -- A Cypher missing
- Uneasy Alliance -- Co-authored
with Hephaistos, Jmas,
Jennifer Krall, and Sealie.
What do you get when you mix an anthropologist and an archaeologist, let
them simmer, then add a smattering of bad guys followed by current Air
Force and ex-Army en flambe? A crossover of The Sentinel and Stargate:
SG-1, of course!
- Inner Demon -- A Goa'uld invades
Blair. Crossover with Stargate: SG1.
- Rain -- A Sentinel Too,
part 2 epilogue.
- The Nothingness Inside -- A Cypher-related
story. Is Blair going crazy, or is he really seeing Lash?
- Afterlash -- A missing scene for
Top of the page:
Author added 3/15/99; last updated 4/29/06