|| Authors || Titles
JET ~ Stories found at Starfox's
Date First Story Posted: May 1999
Author Profile ~ I have been watching The Sentinel
since the first season but only recently discovered the world of fanfiction.
I've always tended to make up my own stories for shows I enjoy, but up
to this point, just in my head. After discovering this wonderful world
through the internet, I decided it was time to start writing them down.
I am a teacher of gifted students and truly enjoy my career. Outside of
school, I spend my free (?) time involved in music, reading, antiques,
and travel. I'm also devoted to my husband and our four cats and one dog.
It is the relationship between close friends that I find special about
TS and that I tend to stress in my writings. While I enjoy reading a wide
variety of stories, I feel most comfortable, thus far, dealing with the
many aspects of the friendship between Blair, Jim, and Simon. I hope you
will enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them.
JET's CL Featured
Bottom of the page for newest stories:
- Perception Series
- Affirmation -- Warning: Severe
- Vision Quest -- Blair searches
for answers to his questions about his role as Jim's shaman. Takes place
sometime after Warriors and Sentinel Too, Part 2 but before
the series finale. A small reference to Switchman.
- A Matter of Perspective -- The
events after TSbyBS become too much for Jim.
- Deadline -- Blair is kidnapped,
and Jim must find him before time runs out. This story features two illustrations
- Second Strike -- Jim agrees to
return to military life for a training mission in the jungles of Peru.
Rated: PG-13 for language and one implied abuse scene. Nothing graphic,
however. Includes drama, angst, and smarm.
- Interlude -- Follows events of
Second Strike; previously published in the zine Metamorphosis.
- Vengeance Is Mine -- A voice from
Jim's past returns to haunt him and endanger Blair's life.
- You Can Run -- The sequel to Second
Strike and Vengeance Is Mine.
- Tamed -- The sentinel meets The
Little Prince at Christmas time.
- Last Man Standing -- Jim and Blair
help an old friend of Simon's solve a serial murder case. First published
on the SentinelAngst list. Rated PG for some language and references to
adult situations, although these are both pretty mild.
- False Assumption -- Blair discovers
a dangerous secret about a former professor. Rated PG for mild language.
- Seasonal Serenade -- Two stories
set in the holiday season of Christmas and New Year's.
- The Return -- Jim and Blair return
to the jungles of Peru. Follows events of Second Strike; previously
published in the zine Metamorphosis.
- Sacrifices --- Blair's excursion
with Eli Stoddard has unforeseen and life-threatening consequences.
- Restoration of Trust -- An answer
to Challenge #19 on Jen and Suzie's Challenge Page regarding the
return of Alex. First posted on the SentinelAngst List. Rated PG.
- Epiphany -- Simon sends Jim and
Blair away to come to terms with the events of TSbyBS. Also includes spoilers
for Night Shift and Sentinel Too.
- Sojourn Series
- Final Sojourn -- Blair has the
opportunity to go on a final anthropological expedition. Spoilers for Flight,
Warriors, Sentinel Too, and TSbyBS.
- Redemption -- This is a sequel
to Final Sojourn and contains spoilers for TSbyBS. Rated PG for
language and violence.
- Sculptor of Souls -- An unexpected
package in the mail leads Jim to reflect on the many changes in his life.
Spoilers for TSbyBS, minor reference to Switchman.
- Hilltop Hour -- Jim must become
Blair's guide to help him recover after a serious accident. Plenty of h/c
and angst, with a touch of plot thrown in for good measure...
- You Are -- Just a smarmy little
thing that had been playing around in my mind. No real plot, just warm
fuzzies. Rated PG for mild language.
- Duet -- Both take place before
the series finale. Part One: The aftermath of Blair's decision not to 'wait
in the truck.' Part Two: Blair has a surprising reaction to a school shooting.
Rated: PG for violence and language.
- Healing Words -- Blair talks to
Naomi when she has second thoughts about the events of TSbyBS, and Jim
overhears the conversation.
- Celtic Connection Series -- This
series begins shortly after Healing Words. It might help to read
it first, but it is not necessary to understand this story.
- Anam Cara -- Jim and Blair travel
to the British Isles and learn new lessons about their partnership.
- Final Connection
- Celtic Storm -- Rated PG.
- Shock Waves -- A tragedy threatens
to destroy Jim. Takes place post-TSbyBS.
- Friendship Trilogy
- Breaking Bread -- Co-authored with
MegaRed. Blair encourages Jim to try to
work things out with his father over a special Thanksgiving dinner. This
story features two illustrations by MegaRed.
- Broken Arrow-- Sometimes, being
the peacemaker requires some ingenuity. Post-Sentinel Too, Part 2;
pre-TSbyBS with spoilers for Cypher.
- Power Struggle -- When Jim is injured,
Blair must confront William Ellison over his son's care. This story is
set a few months after Breaking Bread. There is also an expansion
of the Witness Tree idea first mentioned in Broken Arrow. Rated
PG for mild language.
- Jubilee -- There's a time and a
place for everything, including forgiveness. Set shortly after TSbyBS.
First posted on the SentinelAngst List.
- North Star -- Sometimes the universe
can be an overwhelming place. Beware: there be smarm here.
- Forty Years of Dreams-- A milestone
birthday leads to a reflective Sentinel. First posted to the SentinelAngst
List... angst and smarm abound.
- Endureth for the Night -- Co-authored
with MegaRed. Jim finds it difficult to
deal with the day's events on the job. This story features two illustrations
- Code of Silence -- Co-authored
with MegaRed. Sandburg becomes the object
of a father's wrath. Pre-TSbyBS. A response to Challenge #4 on Jen and
Suzie's Challenge Page.
Me the Way to Go (off-site link) -- A GiftFic for Julie,
a SentinelAngst ListSib.
- All for Love -- Three vignettes
built around the theme of friendship and the lyrics of a song. Pre-TSbyBS.
- Food for the Soul -- A Thanksgiving
- Reflections of Terror -- October
brings with it a new killing spree and memories of Lash. First posted on
the SentinelAngst List.
- When Thunder Sleeps -- Blair's
worst nightmare seems to be coming true. First posted on the SentinelAngst
- Soliloquy Stories
- Soliloquy One: Reflections on Friendship --
Smarm, angst, and no real plot. Just the good stuff! Post-TSbyBS.
- Soliloquy Two: Blair's Reprise --
Blair's insights into his friendship with Jim. The companion story to Soliloquy,
this time from Blair's perspective.
- Soliloquy Three: Hidden Treasures
- Soliloquy 2002: Point/Counterpoint
- Soliloquy: Giver of Light -- My
yearly Jim and Blair head to the beach on vacation story.
- Soliloquy 5: Til I Gain Control Again
-- My annual Soliloquy story. Jim & Blair on vacation...will all
go well this time?
- Away from Cascade series
- Sentinels of the Shore -- A beach,
some old glass, and lessons in living.
- Photic Zone -- Summer comes to
an end with a sentinel, a guide, and the sea.
- In the Blink of an Eye -- The guys
leave Cascade for a vacation. That pretty much says it all.
- By a Thread -- Another day away
from Cascade goes bad. (As if you expected anything else?) Takes place
- Resolutions -- A New Year's story.
- Through the Eyes of a Friend --
A special friendship viewed through the eyes of a captain and friend.
- Baptism By Fire -- Blair survived
the fountain, Alex is in custody, and Jim must deal with the fallout. Epilogue
to Sentinel Too, part 2.
- In Memorium
- 9/11/01 -- A tribute story.
- Towers of Light -- A 9/11 tribute
- Year of Sorrow -- We each mark
the one-year anniversary of September 11 in our own way.
- September Morn -- A drabble in
honor of the heroes of 9/11.
- December Sojourn -- A story for
- Sacrifice Denied -- A bomber
threatens to destroy the buildings of Cascade.
- Last Resort -- Jim faces the loss
of his guide.
- Phoenix Rising -- A bittersweet
anniversary for Jim.
- Storm Warning (TSSEP
#42) -- While visiting Jim's cousin on an isolated island, Jim
and Blair land in the middle of a battle involving control of a powerful
drug ring. Rated PG.
- Red Ice (TSSEP
#43) -- Co-authored with Lory. The murder of a Russian dissident
pits Jim's sentinel abilities against the technological expertise of a
dangerous assassin. Rated PG.
- By Any Other Name -- The flu hits
Cascade, and of course, Blair falls sick.
- The Greatest Gift -- A Christmas
- Haywire -- Jim and Blair face an
ex-military zealot who has discovered the secret of Jim's senses. Rated
PG-13 for violence and language.
- Listen to My Heart -- A companion
to Baptism by Fire from Blair's POV. Epilogue to Sentinel Too,
- Too Close to the Ground -- Reflections
on friendship, its costs and rewards.
- The One Left Behind -- Blair must
come to terms with a devastating loss. No canon character deaths. Rated
PG. Previously published in Blended Spirits 1.
- Hollow Soul -- When Jim's cover
is blown during an undercover drug operation, his life rests in Blair's
hands. Rated PG. Original illlustrations by Lory. Originally published
in Sentry Duty 4.
- Brushes of Memory -- A lifetime
of reflection...a death story - sort of - with a happy ending.
- Obsession -- Moonridge Auction
story for Karen. A serial killer stalks Cascade. Rated PG.
- Tidings of Comfort -- The holiday
season can be stressful, especially for a certain Guide.
- March Memoriam -- Jim and Blair
cope with another anniversary of Jim's helicopter crash in Peru.
Top of the page:
Author added 5/16/99; last updated 3/15/07