|| Authors || Titles
|| Specialty Indices
Friendly Formatting Reminders
(reposted and reworded from submission
directions on site info page)
Section 1: Authors whose stories are linked (in other words,
on another site)
- Needed information *every* time you send fanfic to be archived:
- Author name (I rarely recognize email addresses)
- Summary for story
- Any necessary ratings, warnings, etc.
- The *entire* URL of the site where your fic is located, including the
"http://" part; this makes my life so much easier. This refers
to your site URL, not the direct link to the fanfic.
Section 2: Authors whose stories are stored at the Library
- Please read and make note of the following:
- As noted above for linked fic, again I need title, author name,
summary, ratings, warnings, etc.
- Also include a disclaimer.
- If you don't have a beta-reader, at the very least, run your
fic through a spell checker. Some of the more creative spellings
I come across in fanfic has me either groaning or laughing -- or bemoaning
the state of our educational system. Or do they only teach spelling up
through 8th grade in private schools and not in public? ~sigh~
- Fic can be sent as a whole document or in parts.
- I use the "view document" feature in yahoo mail, so
the word processing program used no longer matters.
- If you're sending a long story directly to CL (as opposed to posting
it to senfic or another list), just send the *entire* story as an attachment
rather than scads of parts. I'm going to copy and paste regardless, but
one attachment is better than 13 parts.
- Fic *MUST* be in block paragraphs.
- I cannot emphasize this enough. Lately I've been having trouble with
copying fanfic over to my prepared template only to have it all show up
as one long paragraph and then I have to go through and fix everything,
a very long, labor-intensive process.
- If at all possible, please send your fic as a text file; some email
programs use html which I think is causing the problems on my end.
- See CL's "Block Paragraphs"
- Put in dividing lines between sections, like a short row of squiggly
lines or dashes or some such. Doesn't need to be a whole line.
- I only copy and paste text so NO SPECIAL FORMATTING
will be brought over (underlining, bolding, italics, etc.) so make sure
to mark text you want emphasized with characters like astericks or something.
I do not have the time to go through and put in special formatting. I will
*occasionally* bold section headings, but only if I have the time and the
desire to do so.
Additional information, including various policies, are available on
the site info and FAQ
There is just little ol' me doing the archiving, which is all done manually,
so I would very much appreciate authors doing what they can to make it
as streamlined and efficient as possible for me. Thank you!
Last updated 5/27/04 igr